The pain of January 2nd
January 2nd always hits me hard.
January 1st is my day to forgive and forget all of my shortcomings and ill-fated diet and exercise plans and resolve to do better next year. Sound familiar? I write in my journal my lists of hopes and ambitions and I spend some time in prayer (if I can squeeze it in past all my dreaming) asking God to bless my plans and magically turn me into someone else who has movitation, self-discipline and does not like ice cream.
Then on January 2nd I realize that the magic transformation did not occur and the fact that it is a new year does not make me any more willing to go to the gym.
On top of all that, I have to take down the Christmas tree. O the injustice of it all!
As many of you know, Christmas is my favorite holiday. I have to admit, I look forward to my yearly foray into the after Christmas decoration sales. Those 90% off signs just warm my heart. Shopping the after Christmas sale is akin to garage saleing, you cannot walk away with everything that seems like a good deal or you will just add to the unused junk in your storage space. My policy is: Whenever you have finished shopping and picking out what you want, proceed to remove 1/2 of what is in your cart. After all, you have to save some space in your house for next years after Christmas sales.
Also, don't buy anything with glitter on it, it will only drive you insane as you try to pick those little pieces of glitter off of the skin of yourself and your loved ones.
January 1st is my day to forgive and forget all of my shortcomings and ill-fated diet and exercise plans and resolve to do better next year. Sound familiar? I write in my journal my lists of hopes and ambitions and I spend some time in prayer (if I can squeeze it in past all my dreaming) asking God to bless my plans and magically turn me into someone else who has movitation, self-discipline and does not like ice cream.
Then on January 2nd I realize that the magic transformation did not occur and the fact that it is a new year does not make me any more willing to go to the gym.
On top of all that, I have to take down the Christmas tree. O the injustice of it all!
As many of you know, Christmas is my favorite holiday. I have to admit, I look forward to my yearly foray into the after Christmas decoration sales. Those 90% off signs just warm my heart. Shopping the after Christmas sale is akin to garage saleing, you cannot walk away with everything that seems like a good deal or you will just add to the unused junk in your storage space. My policy is: Whenever you have finished shopping and picking out what you want, proceed to remove 1/2 of what is in your cart. After all, you have to save some space in your house for next years after Christmas sales.
Also, don't buy anything with glitter on it, it will only drive you insane as you try to pick those little pieces of glitter off of the skin of yourself and your loved ones.
Comments
Elizabeth
mother of FIVE! yikes-a-roo!