Life is hopping now! The semester is in full swing and we don't even know what hit us. Let me just give you a brief run-down of what a typical week is like here.
sunday: church--gym(ariella)study(daniel)--work(ariella)study/watch babe(daniel)
monday: school all day long(daniel)--Trinity wives small group(ariella)
Tuesday: school all day long(daniel)--laundry and housework day(ariella)
Wednesday: work(ariella)--church small group(daniel,ariella,babe)
Thursday:School all day long(daniel)--our night off (yea!)
Friday: work all day long(ariella)--Work bible study(ariella)/study his butt off(daniel)
Saturday: International women's bible study(ariella)--work(ariella)/watch babe and study(daniel)
Daniel is suffering from football withdrawal as it is playoff season and we have no TV. He must content himself with ESPN.com
I finally took my MAT (graduate admissions test) on thursday and it went NOT so well. It was a lot longer than they said that it was going to be and I did not pace myself well. Therefore there ended up being at least fifteen or so questions at the end that I did not even get to. I would have just filled in bubbles, but the moderater didn't give us a time warning and I was not watching the clock (maybe because I was busy taking a test). Oh, well at least it's over.
I recruited my neighbor and trinity wives bible study co-leader, Steph, to come and work on my floor. She was already working at Lutheran, just on another floor, and was ready for a change. So now she has moved to my floor, which should be great! Now we can carpool more often.
I have to share a little piece of irony that fell on my head the other day. We used to be involved in an outreach to international students at UMSL when we lived in STL. During that time, we became friends with a student from indonesia named Christian, who has since moved to LA. At church the other day we met a guy named Adrian, also from Indonesia. In the course of our conversation we found out that Adrian had also lived in STL prior to moving to Chicago. We mentioned that we knew Christian. Lo and behold, Adrian also knew Christian, but not from UMSL. Apparently Adrian had been Christian's teacher back in Indonesia and then they had happened to meet up again at a church they both went to in STL. And now here we were going to church in Chicago with Adrian. Talk about a small world huh?
In other news, as many of you know, Daniel and I both have a big burden for adoption. We found out recently that the agency that we hope to go with when the Lord opens the door for us to move forward has an office not only here in Chicago, but also in STL! This is great because it means we could start the process here and not have to many complications if we move to STL in the middle of it! Good news!
Comments