Cankles.
I am currently getting distracted from studying for the womens small group that I lead. It starts up again (after winter break) on Jan. 28th and we will be going through the book of Colossians. I am super excited about this, as Colossians is a very rich book!
Keep praying that Daniel and I would find our place in the church body here. We are currently going to a small multi-ethnic church plant of a PC-USA Korean church (thats a mouthful, I know). We started going there because we really wanted to be someplace small, where we could get to know everyone and be a contribution. Well, we have certainly gotten to know people and the fellowship and friendship is wonderful. We are, however, struggling to find a place to contribute, as our requests to be plugged in have not, up to this point, been answered by those in charge.
So just pray. I think at times we both get a little discouraged with it because we don't have complete peace about being there, but we don't want to start all over again with a different church when we don't have that much more time here. We don't want to be judgemental of the church, so we are always in the battle between, 'Are we just being too picky?' and 'Is this really where God wants us?'
Any thoughts from those of you who have had to find a new church in recent years?
Comments
revolutionary, no? well, that's all we've come up with after 5 years of searching. i think mostly it's just about staying in touch with other Christians and maybe....not making a contribution right now is OK?
feel free to utterly disregard the above message. I'm elizabeth H. and I approved this message. heh.