Alias
They call me "The Nipple".
Well technically, they call me 'areola' and they think that it must be the correct pronunciation because it sounds familiar. In all actuality, it sounds familiar because they heard it so much in that anatomy class they took in nursing school. You would think, working with all these nurses who pronounce my name incorrectly, that realization would at some point dawn that they are in fact yelling a word meaning 'nipple' down the hall in hopes of garnering my attention.
Until they have this long awaited epiphany, I will continue to answer to Areola, as well as Amelia, Arianna, that Disney mermaid, Airy-ella and of course, a finger being pointed in my direction accompanied by a 'uhh...air...aur...adrienne?'
Seriously though if one more person starts singing 'Under the Sea' and thinks that it is funny or that I haven't heard that before, I think I might actually fart on them and see if they think thats funny.
Well technically, they call me 'areola' and they think that it must be the correct pronunciation because it sounds familiar. In all actuality, it sounds familiar because they heard it so much in that anatomy class they took in nursing school. You would think, working with all these nurses who pronounce my name incorrectly, that realization would at some point dawn that they are in fact yelling a word meaning 'nipple' down the hall in hopes of garnering my attention.
Until they have this long awaited epiphany, I will continue to answer to Areola, as well as Amelia, Arianna, that Disney mermaid, Airy-ella and of course, a finger being pointed in my direction accompanied by a 'uhh...air...aur...adrienne?'
Seriously though if one more person starts singing 'Under the Sea' and thinks that it is funny or that I haven't heard that before, I think I might actually fart on them and see if they think thats funny.
Comments