Only in Chicago.
It is 1215 am. I am leaving my job where I have cleaned various butts and poked various appendages with needles since 3 in the afternoon. It is snowing for the 14th time this month and I have Crocs on my feet which are acting essentially like snow shovels, busily scooping snow right onto my already freezing and wet feet. Under the snow is ice, which I am reminded of as I slip and land on my JLo for the second time on my way from the hospital to my car.
And where is my car? Oh, there it is cleverly concealed under that igloo of frozen ice and snow over there. Sigh. Scrape. Scrape. Sigh. Scrape.
Finally, a warm car, some wet feet and a queen sized bed on the brain.
I pull out eagerly onto the highway (it is now about 1245am) and stop abruptly to sit in the fourteen miles of bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic between here and my bed.
Poop. Only in Chicago.
And where is my car? Oh, there it is cleverly concealed under that igloo of frozen ice and snow over there. Sigh. Scrape. Scrape. Sigh. Scrape.
Finally, a warm car, some wet feet and a queen sized bed on the brain.
I pull out eagerly onto the highway (it is now about 1245am) and stop abruptly to sit in the fourteen miles of bumper to bumper, stop and go traffic between here and my bed.
Poop. Only in Chicago.
Comments
It is sorta funny though how we miss it! I guess you really have to be away from the snow to enjoy it!! Anytime you wan to drop by feel free!! :)