Daniel is really enjoying his internship with Live at Peace Ministries. He works about 30 hours a week, but his schedule is very flexible, so we still get to see him quite a bit. He is learning a lot about his interests and his gifts and also about areas that he is definitely NOT gifted in! =)
Genoa is growing 50 miles a minute and regularly "reads" (recites) several of her standard bedtime reading books cover to cover. The classics include Go, Dog, Go and the Clifford Counting Book, just to name a few. (Have you noticed a theme with her books? Yes, thats right, it's DOGS) (sorry, still not getting one). She is also very interested in SHARKS, and pretends like she is a shark all the time. She also conveniently uses sharks as a ploy to get out of the bathtub. Just at the pivotal moment when she is covered with suds and her hair is shampooed into a mohawk, suddenly there is a shark sighting in the bathtub. Who can argue with a slick as weasel snot 2 year old frantically trying to claw her terror-stricken way out of a bathtub because JAWS is about to attack. sigh. I think it is going to be showers from here on out.
Evie definitely seems to think that if she jumps hard enough in her 'Johnny-jump-up', she might actually get somewhere, somewhere out of reach of her older "loving" sister. At least she might get to the moon. She has also learned her own special version of Peek-a-boo. It works like this, smile at Mama as she places you in your crib, then scream as if the Apocalyse is upon you the moment she is out of sight, then immediately smile and coo again upon her return to view. See? Peek-a-boo.
I am now embarking on the task of finding a job. I am somewhat ambivalent in my feelings on this subject at the moment. I do tend to get a little stir-crazy and so I don't mind the thought of going back to work. But at the same time, I don't want to miss a moment of my children's lives. Hmmmm.....ah-ha! work nights. Yes, that is what I will be doing. Just praying for some wisdom about where to do that, and praying that the Lord will impress upon my future employers heart to be gracious with me and allow me great schedule flexibility AND great pay! Nothing is impossible for God, right?! I have already applied at three different hospitals for a total of 5 different positions and now I am just waiting to see how it all plays out through the interview process.
Genoa is growing 50 miles a minute and regularly "reads" (recites) several of her standard bedtime reading books cover to cover. The classics include Go, Dog, Go and the Clifford Counting Book, just to name a few. (Have you noticed a theme with her books? Yes, thats right, it's DOGS) (sorry, still not getting one). She is also very interested in SHARKS, and pretends like she is a shark all the time. She also conveniently uses sharks as a ploy to get out of the bathtub. Just at the pivotal moment when she is covered with suds and her hair is shampooed into a mohawk, suddenly there is a shark sighting in the bathtub. Who can argue with a slick as weasel snot 2 year old frantically trying to claw her terror-stricken way out of a bathtub because JAWS is about to attack. sigh. I think it is going to be showers from here on out.
Evie definitely seems to think that if she jumps hard enough in her 'Johnny-jump-up', she might actually get somewhere, somewhere out of reach of her older "loving" sister. At least she might get to the moon. She has also learned her own special version of Peek-a-boo. It works like this, smile at Mama as she places you in your crib, then scream as if the Apocalyse is upon you the moment she is out of sight, then immediately smile and coo again upon her return to view. See? Peek-a-boo.
I am now embarking on the task of finding a job. I am somewhat ambivalent in my feelings on this subject at the moment. I do tend to get a little stir-crazy and so I don't mind the thought of going back to work. But at the same time, I don't want to miss a moment of my children's lives. Hmmmm.....ah-ha! work nights. Yes, that is what I will be doing. Just praying for some wisdom about where to do that, and praying that the Lord will impress upon my future employers heart to be gracious with me and allow me great schedule flexibility AND great pay! Nothing is impossible for God, right?! I have already applied at three different hospitals for a total of 5 different positions and now I am just waiting to see how it all plays out through the interview process.
Comments
its crazy how quick our little ones grow huh!? your girls are beautiful! i am glad you guys are transitioning to your new life! :)