enlightenment

This very boring picture is of our front deck. We live on the second story of an apartment building. This is significant because Genoa likes to dash outside the second that the front door is opened and I used to live in mortal fear of her falling down the rickety wooden stairs that lead to a very solid concrete pad at the bottom.
I say used to fear because recently there has been a development, greatly hilarious to Daniel and I, but terrifying to Genoa. She was watching a bug crawl across the wooden planks of the porch that you see here, and suddenly realized that she could see all the way down to the ground level through those planks. Of course in her mind, if she could see through those cracks, she could most certainly fall through at any time.
So there she was, all of a sudden going from contentedly examining a bug to screaming for help while trying to balance with both feet on one plank so as not to slide right through a crack to the ground below.
Ahhh, so many good analogies there, that I will leave to Daniel to come up with.

Comments

Popular Posts