January- The monthly post.

Christmas time has come and gone already. That doesn't mean that the christmas spirit has left my heart, and it also does not mean that I am anywhere close to taking down my christmas decorations. When asked how long I was planning on leaving them up, I replied, "until the next major holiday". And since I consider New Years to be a part of the "christmas holiday", the next one would be....valentines day. Of course then, half of these decorations are red, maybe I should just leave them up...
So, that is what my husband is contending with. Anecdotely, on New years Day a friend of mine commented that she was surprised to see me through my living room window taking down some lights already. I quickly reassured her that this was not the case. I was actually putting up more lights that I had gotten at after-christmas sales.
Our holidays were certainly busy, but happy, as I hope were yours. I (Ariella) had to work on Christmas Eve (during the day) and then Daniel spoke at a Christmas Eve service at church in the evening (www.elakeview.org). The next morning we set off on the trek to Ypsilanti, MI home of uncle Bruce (daniel's side) to spend christmas with the fam.
One of the things we look forward to the most is our annual trip to The Blue Nile restaurant in Ann Arbor (see above photo). A unique ethiopian place that serves food in a communal family style, wonderful for ambience, horrible for passing around flu bugs.
We also got the chance to visit with Daniel's uncle Jeff and his family who came all the way from Mexico!
Then it was back home so I could work New years Eve and New Years Day. Yay.
The weekend after New Years, Afi, Nana and Anna and Julia came up for a visit and we got to have Christmas all over again.
As I think back over the year, I am amazed by the blessings God has given us of health, jobs, and family. I don't know what the next year holds, probably a lot of transition as we end school here at Trinity International University and start to move into the next phase of life. It gives me great peace that the God that was with me last year is with me still, the same yesterday, today and forever, right?!
May God bless you and yours in the new year (and may this blog post count as my christmas/new years card/newsletter because there isn't a chance that I will ever get around to sending out paper copies!) (so....i.e. if you want a family picture, you will probably just have to print it from here) (mom.)
Love,
The Teaters
Comments
You made that quilt?! Amazing!! You'll have to teach me sometime! ;o)
Happy New Year's! And I'm with you on never taking down the decorations! That's why I do most of mine in blues and neutrals, not the reds that scream Christmas.
Maybe I'll see you around this summer. :o)
totally forgot that i did.
i sleep under that work of art every night.